Monday, February 9, 2015

2 Crafty + CSI

This month us 2 Crafty Chipboard girls were invited as Guest Detectives at CSI - Color Stories Inspiration .  Case file #154 is now open and it's fabulous....definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I was certainly inspired by black and white strips and the nautical theme.  This colour palette was
 something different for me but I do quite like the result.
 
 
 
 
"The Beach Is Good For The Soul"
 
 
 

 



I have used the following 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces:
  
2014's
Alpha Set 1
Thistle Shrub
Shrub set 2
  
I tucked in the Thistle Shrub behind some of my layers.  I applied some Gesso to
 the bottom section of the shrub but I left the top/tips raw.
 



 
 
 
The word "soul" was added into my mixed up title using the Alpha Set 1.  I left the letters raw also.
 
 
 





The 2014 chipboard piece was simply applied with Gesso.







I also used some Shimmerz paints, My Bleeding Heart Coloringz, Night Moves Coloringz and Spritz Bamboo Leaf.  A few Prima flowers and some glass beads.
 
 







 Part of the Thistle Shrub was chopped off and added as a top layer to my photo.  I applied some Gesso to it.  The other piece of the Shrub Set 2 was also layered in to the left hand side of the photo.








 I cut the Shrub Set 2 in half and placed each piece on either side of the photo.  I applied a thin layer of Gesso to this piece and then dripped a small amount of My Bleeding Heart Colouringz (Shimmerz).  I then added some water to it with a small paintbrush to give it a watercolour effect.






 
Thanks for visiting :)

2 comments:

Irina Gerschuk said...

They're perfect Stacey! Just WOW!

Romy said...

This is completely gorgeous! Amazing colours, wonderful details and so much more loveliness!