Thursday, June 19, 2014

Once Upon A Sketch - June Reveal

Hello!!  If you haven't already had a chance to play along with this months Once Upon A Sketch challenge, there is still plenty of time to get your entry in.   I just want to share with you my DT layout for this months sketch.
 
 
Journalling Theme: The following quote

" the best things in life aren't things" 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my take on the above sketch and journaling criteria:
 
"Care"
 
 



The background paper I have used is from Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes.  I really love this doily paper, must get myself some more, it's fantastic for backgrounds :)
 
 
I have used Gesso, Modelling Paste, stencils and stamps and of course lots of Shimmerz.
 





Some beautiful Prima flowers and resins.  I have added a small amount of Gesso to the tips of my flowers also to shabby them up a little.
 
 



 
 
I have added in a couple of 2 Crafty Chipboard doily's to fit in with the paper and theme of the layout.
 





 
Using a small paintbrush I applied some water to my Shimmerz and stamping.  Love the effect........who doesn't love a little watercolour at the moment!
 

 





I really loved this colour palette, I am not a huge purple person but I like it here mixed with the turquoise and the apricot.  I placed all of the flowers in their colour groups which made the layout flow really nicely.






Oh, 2 of my sweet boys and I.  Love them all so much and it's true the best things in life aren't things, a simple cuddle or kiss makes me so warm and fuzzy inside, it's the best :) :)






I am officially in my new scrap room!!!  It's beautiful, still not quite finished but I'm here and creating in it :)  I will share some photos soon!
 
Hugs xoxo

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

absolutely stunning.. really love the colors and the flowers are amazing! gorgeous photo too.. love it...

Romy said...

Gosh, your layout is so sweet and tender! I absolutely love the gorgeous soft colours and all the lovely flowers.

zenevak said...

Stunning work. I love the way you have combined the colours. All your inking and misting work is just divine. Very inspirational.

bappleicious said...

Amazing as always Stacey