Thursday, October 24, 2013

Maja Designs

Hi!!!!  My first layout to share today is using the collection Vintage Summer Basics.   I opted to create something girly for a change.  I love that these collections cater for everyone!!  This is my sweet little niece who just turned 4 back in August.  She had her face painted at her party and I snapped this adorable picture of her.  These papers are gorgeous, fit for any little princess.
 
 
"4"
 
 




 
These butterflies are from 2 Crafty chipboard, they are gorgeous!!
 



 
Pretty Prima flowers and trinkets.
 





Here I would like to share a really quick run down on my process for this layout.  I started out with my background paper and scraped some Gesso on it to whitewash the flower print.  I did this only on the section were I planned my embellishments to go.  I didn’t want to cover too much of the print as it is so stunning!
 
 
 
Using a mask and texture paste I applied the mask down the centre of the page.  Then I sprayed some Shimmerz mists to the masked area. Also taking the lid off to add flickers of paint.
 
 
 


 
I then applied my photo mat to the centre of my page.  I distressed coordinating papers at different sizes and layered them along with some calico material and string/twine.
 




My next layers consisted of some transparency and then I used foam tape to attach the photo to the centre.  Once this was in place it was then ready to embellish with all of the pretty flowers and trinkets.




 
 
My second project today is a Mini Wishing Well.  I asked my best friend what she would like for her birthday and she said “Make me something”!!  So this is what I come up with………now to get it all the way over the other side of the country!!
 
I have also used the Vintage Summer Basic collection.  This time using the blue and grey papers.  I just loved this weatherboard paper and it was a perfect fit with this wishing well!
I just cut the papers to fit the sides and adhered.  I then used some texture paste and paint to add some colour to the grey.
 
 












My third creation today is a layout featuring the collection "It's Christmas Time"
 
I chose to create with a red, white and gold colour palette.  I picked out a cute pic of the boys from our 2012 Christmas shoot…….it’s almost time to do it all again!!!  I really enjoyed working with this Christmas collection, it’s subtle, gorgeous and truly festive!
 
 
"Love & Joy"
 
 



Just some closeups of the details for you:
 









 
Lots of glitter, sequins and Shimmerz were added.
 




 
I hope you have enjoyed my Maja creations, I have one more post going up on the Maja blog this weekend. 
Have a great day, thanks for visiting xo

8 comments:

shabby_rose said...

Очень красиво! Супер!

Irina Gerschuk said...

Amazing projects Stacey!!!! Love all the details))) And thanks for the tutorial!!!

Romy said...

Gosh, you are simply rocking the Maja Design papers! These lay-outs and the birdhouse are all totally amazing!

Her Essential Hand said...

oh Stace.. .I couldnt pass by without saying... these are gorgeous.. I mean, words dont seem to say enough... I am in awe Hun :))))
Have a GREAT weekend
XO

Unknown said...

absolutely love all the layouts, and especially the wishing well!

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow these creations are amazing.. I so love how you create with so many flowers and soft shimmery colors and all the layers.. really beautiful.. love them..

Janene said...

Absolutely beautiful as always! Thanks for sharing

bappleicious said...

Just beautiful Stacey