Tuesday, July 15, 2014

OUAS and POP & Colours #3

Hello!  The second DT reveal has gone live over at Once Upon A Sketch, make sure you go and check out the wonderful inspiration! 
 
 
 
Journalling Theme: "Numbers.." 

 Pick a number and center your journalling around it. (i.e. FIVE men in my life, TEN quirky traits, THREE long term goals, or 2014--the date I will do)

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
 
 
Here is the sketch by Nadia :)
 
 


And here is my take on the sketch -
 
 




I loved writing down all of these little notes about Mason, I was reading through some old scrapbooks of the big boys and it's awesome to read back on this stuff!!  They just grow up way too quick. 
 
 
 



 
I went for a real 'Boy' layout using lots of mixed media, stars, rocket ships, straws, string, stamps and some doodling....not a flower in sight :)
 
 
 



I love the star stencil by Balzer Designs.  I applied modelling paste to it and then applied my Shimmerz details.
 
 




Lots of layers and some cute frames.  I even used a couple of 2 Crafty Chipboard stars.
 
 
 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 
I am so so happy to announce I will be apart of POP and COLOURS #3.  Look at this talented line up of amazing artists.....so honoured to be picked in this bunch :)
So make sure you sign up...there will be loads of fun and mixed media techniques!!
 
You can find more details
 
 




Thanks for stopping by today, I must go pick up the boys now, back to school from our little break.....but more to share soon :) :)
 
Hugs xo

9 comments:

Romy said...

Those photos are so sweet and you have made the most lovely and colourful lay-out for them! I really like the mix of yellow and blue.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This layout is so fun and adorable! Love the bright colours and all your wonderful details! Wow!

I am excited about the Pop & Colours 3 classes. I registered the first day. Really looking forward to it all.:)

zenevak said...

I love this bright and happy layout. The stars and rockets are just fabulous boy details. Love that you always journal on the page, too. Thank you for the inspiration!

Belle à cropper said...

congrats on Pop #3 !! I bought 1 and 2, and I just ordered 3, so happy you will be part of it !!! :)

Lizzyc said...

This is a real super hero page! love all the rockets and stars and amazing layers and of course the fabulous photos too! love it..

Janene said...

What an adorable layout - I love it! Perfect for the superheros in our world! Love it! Oh wait I said that already. And congrats on Pop and Colour - can't wait to see what you do!

Sorry said...

For everybody who is quite on the fence: snare the best headsets, noggin as small as a good Greatest coupe and have so that you can put consumers correct into a Microsoft zune afterward a music player to check out the one that may appear easier to you have to, as well as , which user interface enables you to be grin considerably. Then you'll definitely be acquainted with that is definitely best for you....Best Cccam Server

Unknown said...

Happy Friday Stace!! oh i love this page so much...the cuteness and boyishness is sensational! You have inspired me to do a page without flowers!! Wonder if I can manage it...lol! And Congrats again on Pop and Colours, you will be amazing! Have a beautiful weekend :))) hugs xo

Lauren T said...

This looks so amazing! I really like all the texture in the background and the colours just pop.