Thursday, July 3, 2014

2 Crafty for July

 Hello!  I can't believe we are in July all ready, half the year over........
  Hope you are having a lovely week, we are in full swing with school holidays here, 
enjoying our time together!! 
 
My first layout today is something a little beachy and full of pretty pastels.
  
"Our Happy Place"
 
 



2Crafty chipboard pieces I used:
Small Crazy Circle Panel
Happy loopy font
Frame Lucy's Flourish

 
I used the Happy Loopy Font as part of my title, I just adore all of the loopy fonts.
  I applied some Gesso to it first (as I do with most pieces) and then I added some
 new Shimmerz Inklingz products to it.  Inklingz are solid watercolours, I have just
 blended a few colours into each other.  Love the effect here on the title word. 







I adhered the Frame Lucy's Flourish around the subject in my photo.  I layered some
flowers around it and applied the Shimmerz Inklingz in Giddy about Green to the
 tips of the flourishes and around the circle section.
 
 





I cut the Small Crazy Circle Panel  into several pieces and added them to the layers
around the page.  I have applied Inklingz to these also in Blue My Mind and
Giddy About Green.
 





I have used some of the new Shimmerz products Inklingz on this layout also.  They were, Giddy About Green, French Twist, Blue My Mind and Sunkissed.  These four colours are definitely some of my favourites. 
 
 
In the photo below you can see the Sunkissed Inklingz....a gorgeous peachy, apricot colour.
 
Above you can see the gold Shimmer through the French Twist and Blue my Mind Inklingz which belong to the gold collection.
 
 









 
My second layout today is one of my boys and I on Easter Sunday.  I drew bunny faces
 on us and my middle son insisted he did his own....too funny!! 
 
 
"Too Fun"
 





2 Crafty chipboard used on this layout:
Formal Flourish 1
Frame Ingrid's
Mixed Buttons
Frame Vintage Oval
Vintage Keys 
I have layered the Vintage Key on top of the straw.  I applied Gesso to it and then rubbed
 the outline with a gold ink pad.  I placed the cabochon flower in the centre and the
vellum hearts along it.
 
 





I added some Shimmerz Dimensionz in the colour Pearly Gates.  The puffy paint gave
 the delicate frames instant dimension.  I used this on all 3 frames, Formal Flourish 1,
 Frames Ingrid and Frame Vintage Oval.   
 
 





I then sprayed random sections of the frames with some Shimmerz Vibez (covering my photo). 
 
 




 





I cut the Frame Vintage Oval in half before layering it to the left of the layout
with some flowers.
I placed a few buttons on the layout and coated them in Gesso before
 rubbing the gold  ink over them also. 





 
Thanks for popping in, I really appreciate your kind comments. 
Take care xo

5 comments:

Brendaxx said...

Very beautiful!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow! Amayyyzing! Love both of these!

Sue Plumb said...

STUNNING as always Stacey! LOVE the "Happy Place" layout especially - that pastel combo of the peach with pops of teal...yummo! And the Inklingz look great too - am putting them on my list! ;)

Romy said...

Oh my, your first lay-out is so beautifully soft and super pretty and the second one looks awesome and artsy in a great way! Love them both!

Unknown said...

generous treat! Ben and I really have pleasure making use of your recommendations in what we need to do in a months time. Our list is a mile long so your tips are going to be put to excellent use. call card

Cardsharing Server