Friday, October 21, 2016

Prima Flower Feature

My baby boy featured over on the Prima blog the other day in a flower feature.  My favourite Prima product ever is the flowers, always will be.....I'm a flower girl for sure :)  I just had to put my hand up to create for this feature!

Check out the Blog to see more beautiful inspiration!




"Jagger - 6 months" 









Some Closeups -



























I have also got a little sneaky peek to share of my creative process..............



Step 1.  The background - Gesso, Stencil with paste and then apply your mists.









Step 2.  Photomat - Lots of square pieces of paper (distressed on the edges) layered for your photo to sit on.  A little bit of Calico and Hessian for added texture and shabbiness :)









Step 3. Add twine and then your photo.   

Step 4.  I add the wirey floral vine here (you can get from you florist),  I am at the end of my batch so it's all just falling apart, I just wrapped more twine around it to keep it in tact!









Step 5.  I start to apply my flowers......now keep in mind I never glue them down straight away.  I always fiddle with them for a little bit and when I am happy with their placement, I will then adhere.









Step 6.  More flowers and a little bit of cheesecloth tucked in there too.








Step 7.   When I have all of my florals in place.  I will then dig out all of my mixed media products once again and add more and more texture.  Such as glitter, Art Stones, more misting and Gesso to the flower tips.


I hope you liked my little how to on my process!



I just have to spam you with these super cute pics of Jagger I just edited from our recent time over the holidays at the beach :)


I am really loving using my Nikon again!!  I forgot what amazing pictures it took ;)




















Thanks for visiting xxx

2 comments:

Romy said...

Oh my, flowers galore...this is so gorgeous and soft! Love it!
And those photos your little one look amazing too!

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful.