Thursday, October 23, 2014

2 Crafty projects for October

 Hello!  Stopping by tonight to share with you my newest creations for 2 Crafty Chipboard and featuring some of their brand new pieces.  They are all so gorgeous :)
 
 
 
 My first creation today is a layout featuring my silly, crazy family of mine!
  Lots of bright, sunshiny colours too.  I have used some of the Nest collection by Webster's pages.

 
"Happiness"
 
 
 



I have used the following 2 Crafty pieces:
 
 

Frame Hand drawn Hearts
Line Words Happiness Borders
Chicken Barbed Wire
2014
Polaroid Assortment Frames

I choose to use the Line Word Happiness as my title.  I did, however,  chop a little off each end to shorten it just a smidgen.   I applied Gesso to it first and then applied Shimmerz products in Ultra Marine and turquoise and also adding a little water to give it the water colour effect.
  I then traced a white gel pen on the edges of the colour.
 
 




I added the Polaroid Frame to the left side of my photo with foam tape.  Before adhering I painted with Gesso and then applied a stencil (which I used on the background of the layout also) with Modelling paste and sprayed with Shimmerz mists.
I added the 2014 beneath the fame and which was applied with Gesso and then mist
and then Gesso again to wash it out.








I have placed the Chicken Barbed Wire (after cutting into pieces) around my
embellishments clusters.  I treated them with Gesso and hints of Shimmerz.
I also added a little bit of Lemon Drop Dazzlerz to some of them.
 
 







I framed my photo with the Frame Hand Drawn Hearts.  I covered with Gesso and
 then wrapped some metallic turquoise thread around it.
 




















My second creation today is a canvas piece measuring about 20cm x 25cm.
 It is so pretty, I really love they way it turned out and I do love pink!
"Live Laugh Love"





 
 Here are the 2 Crafty products I used on this piece:
 
 
Interlocking Grid Panel
Live Laugh Love
Frame Oval Ornate
Music Notes
 
 I started out by layering some papers in the centre.  After covering all of my chipboard pieces with Gesso I began to layer them in to the canvas too.  I tucked the Interlocking Grid Panel in under the paper layers and applied some glue and glitter, both fine and chunky gold.  I added some flicks of alchol ink and a few Say It In Crystals.










After I had the vine in place I added the Frame Oval Ornate to sit above it.  I then added
 the flowers and added flicks of gold paint and some Shimmerz Inklingz to the frame.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used the title Live Laugh Love and added gold paint to it, it wasn't standing out so
much so I opted to add some Gesso to the edges.
 
 
 



Lastly I added a few Music Notes to various parts of the canvas.  I covered in Gesso
 and while still wet I sprinkled on some glitter.
 




 
Have a wonderful night!  I am preparing party decorations for my Dad's 60th this weekend!! 
Hugs xo
 
 
 




3 comments:

Romy said...

Your lay-out looks so pretty and funny! I just love the fun colours and the beautiful spread of flowers. That canvas looks amazing too. What a wonderful colour combo you used on it!

Lizzyc said...

Really beautiful creating!

Di Garling said...

BEAUTIFUL.