Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chalkboard Trend

So what does everyone think about the Chalkboard trend???  I think I really love it!!!!  I created this page for the Aussie Scrap Source blog using the Teresa Collins collection "Memorabilia".  Teresa Collins got it spot on with this trend :)
 
The best thing about this trend is the majority of it is black and white so you can throw any colour you like in with it!!
 
 
"Love this Time"
 
 
 


I absolutely loved the 12 x 12 paper featuring all of the frames.   I cut out several of them and layered them around my photo.   I also popped in some purple, orange and turquoise flowers.  The stamp set from this collection featured a hot air balloon, I couldn't help but add a few to this page!
 
 


 
Lots of cute Enamel Dots and Shimmerz flickers.  Plus a little glitter, everyone loves glitter right?





Some masking, washi tape and lots of Shimmerz!
 
 


 
The chipboard is lovely in this collection too :)
 
 
 
 
I also created a little card using the same collection.  I think the black and white with a touch of mint is really quite elegant.
 
 


Thankyou for all of your lovely comments on the Sassy Scrappers blog hop post :)  Still plenty of time to leave me a comment before I draw the winner of my prize!!!  I can't wait to share some more creations with you soon.
 
Hugs xo

9 comments:

Dianne H said...

Stunning Layout and card. Love the textures, techniques and colours.

Rachael Funnell said...

your layout & Card are Simply STUNNING... your work is always SO AMAZING & INSPIRATIONAL!! thanks x

Irina Gerschuk said...

Gorgeous, as always!! Love how you add some color to this paper - looks amazing)))

Janene said...

You rocked it once again (as always). LOVE IT!!!!!!

Shona said...

love :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Stace, so different for you but yet so you...:)) I haven't gotten into the chalkboard trend yet, it will have to wait now until I get back from having bubs. Hope you are well, take care :)x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Stace, so different for you but yet so you...:)) I haven't gotten into the chalkboard trend yet, it will have to wait now until I get back from having bubs. Hope you are well, take care :)x

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow I have not seen the chalk board around yet.. dunno where I have been hehe! But this looks stunning, love the colors you have added to the black and white.. and the details... stunning.. love this..

Di Garling said...

Both projects are just stunning Stacey. Love the colours against all the balck & white. Just fabulous. Cheers Di