I have been making somethings for friends and family lately. The first is for our friends baby girl Aylah. We gave it to her at her Naming Ceremony:)
Some closies:) Bird cage from The Chip Chop Shop.
A card I made for Mum for her birthday last week.......new Gabrielle from Bo Bunny:)
Lastly a canvas I made for another friend that just had their baby girl nearly 2 weeks ago:)
I thought I would photograph this one as I went for you all to see how I created it. Excuse the dodgy pics but my light in my scrap room isn't the best!
1. I used gesso on my background and then I stamped randomly with a music sheet stamp.
2. I misted over the shape of a chipboard butterfly.
3. I also did this randomly over the canvas and with the excess mist I dripped and flicked it over it aswell.
3. I then sprayed more mist and let it drip down aswell as some iron inks splattered onto the canvas.
4. I now started to add texture. A bit of muslin wrap and gesso and then misted the butterfly shape over the top again.
5. Adding more of number 4 up the top aswell.
6. On goes the strips of material and doily's.
7. Now tearing and folding up the edges of my patterned paper....(new Prima....yummo) I added these pieces around the material.
8. I painted some old chippie letters I had white and adhered to the canvas. This is now also the point where I started to add my flowers:)
9. Adding more flowers.....I had to have a bit of a fiddle with this bit as they just weren't coming together....eventually I got them all in a place that I was happy with! I also added a chippie butterfly and a new Prima butterfly.
10. Even more flowers.
11. Lastly I added some tiny paper butterflies with some bling and I traced my finger over most of the flowers with gesso to give it a vintage look:)
So there you have it....I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial:) I am really thinking about trying to sell something like this at the markets.....yeah, maybe in my spare time....lol!!!!!
Thanks for dropping by again, I hope you all have a beautiful day tomorrow and I hope you come back to visit me on Friday for the big COLOR ROOM BLOG HOP!!!!!!!
Take care xo